Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day off

From Mark today:

"We have been having a great day off. I got up before a late, 730, breakfast and had a quiet time. After breakfast we went into a small once weekly market int he next town and I bought 3 mangos for 8 Limpera. One of which I ate. It was amazing!! They won´t last long.

After the market we headed for the border, where we swam across a small slow moving river into a neighboring country that shall not be named. Very fun. I put on sunblock, but midday sun still got the best of me. Pink face, neck, and arms. So much for waterproof spf 30.

After a quick nap in the hammock overlooking the town, trying to escape the sun and heat, I´m walking into town with some of the staff docs to attend a church service. It promises to be hot as well. I hope there are more tortillas for dinner when we get back. So no, we´re not having too rough of a time of it down here! "

No comments: